A once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of a journey you could have only dreamed of is now a reality.
The coveted adventure to run across Canada is no longer reserved for a few lucky ones.
The Big Canada Run is a virtual team run from St. John’s, NL to Victoria, BC, and everything in between covering 8000km. Assemble a team (as big or small as you want) and be part of this amazing journey.
Your team has until Canada Day 2021 (July 1st) to complete the 8,000k adventure. Run, walk, hike – it can all count towards your team’s distance.
And you can make your achievement mean something even more by donating and helping raise funds for one of our three supported charities.
Our experienced race organizers will be with you every step of the way! We’ll set up ways for you to stay connected with your team, highlight noteworthy portions of the virtual routes you are completing, and keep track of all the results at the end of each day. Who knew that social distancing could be so much fun!
- You can log all your km since July 1st 2020 until July 1st 2021 (Canada Day)
- You can register and be part of a team to run the 8,000km (no limit on team members)
Cost per Team Member
The cost is $99/runner (until October 15) and the fee includes:
- Limited Edition Finisher’s medal
- Multi-Functional Neck Gaiter
- Personalized Official Virtual Race BIB
- An invitation to a participant-only Facebook group
- Virtual badges to celebrate and share your accomplishments
- Pre-mapped 8,000k course across the country
- Virtual travel experience through fun facts and photos of things you would see along the route
The Amazing Bling for This Race
Teams have until Canada Day 2021 (July 1st) to finish the challenge.
A team can be as little as 2 runners or as big as your imagination.
You will register as an individual. During the registration process, you can select which team you want to be added to or create your own.
There are 2 types of teams:
- Open teams: presented by our main sponsor Runners un Fire. If you do not have a team you can be part of one of these teams. There are teams of 10 and 20 runners.
- Private teams: These teams can be set up by any participant and they set a password. You need the password for that specific team to be able to join.